From Steven Yang <kenshin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate appender for each application in same Tomcat
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 00:22:28 GMT
Hi

currently the convention we adopt on property files are having separate
file for each environment.
for example, if there is a property file call "database" then there will be
a database.dev.properties for local develop, database.uat.properties for
UAT and a database.prod.properties for production.
However log4j only supports a normal one and a test.

Of course we can rename the file before deploying the application (no
hassle, since we are using Gradle).
However, we dont feel like its the best solution thats why we used the jvm
argument when we were using separate tomcats.

So just want to make sure there is no other better solution for this case
before I go into using the xml file directly in the war file.

Thanks