From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4J 2.5 -> 2.6 Upgrade NoSuchMethodError
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 19:35:16 GMT
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 11:42 AM, DiFrango, Ronald <
Ronald.DiFrango@capitalone.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I just attempted to upgrade from log42j version 2.5 to 2.6 and I started
> getting the following:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.logging.log4j.Logger.debug(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
>
> This seems to happen on log messages where we do something simple like:
>
> logger.debug(“Configuration Directory {}", configRoot);
>
> It does get resolved if I do something like:
>
> logger.debug(“Configuration Directory {}”, new Object[]{configRoot});
>
> But that seems unnecessary.
>
> This worked perfectly fine in 2.5, any thing that I’m missing?

And yet I see the Logger debug(String, Object) method here:
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-api/apidocs/org/apache/logging/log4j/Logger.html#debug(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Object)

Can you check your classpath? There is something odd going on.

What happens if you try to recompile your sources?

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/