From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling Garbage-free not working
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:10:49 GMT
Yes, Java 7 or higher, so Java 8 is fine.

I'm still trying to understand the problem. I understand that the application receives and
logs large JSON Strings.
After that I don't understand.
Are these strings 3MB long, and they cause Log4j to build up 250MB buffers?

Do you have a small program that demonstrates the problem?

Remko
Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/07/02, at 1:45, Enric Jaen <enricjaen@yahoo.es.INVALID> wrote:
>
> We use Java8 , is that ok?The problem is that we receive large json responses and log4j
is creating char[]'s of 250MB up a total of 3MB and we  are suffering of continuos full gc.
By releasing that mem we would go fine.Enric

>    El Viernes 1 de julio de 2016 16:50, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> escribió:
>

> Log4j 2.6.1 needs Java 7.  Please provide more details about the memory problem.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 2016/07/02, at 0:38, Enric Jaen <enricjaen@yahoo.es.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> In our tomcat application we have a memory problem with logs kept in heap.I tried
using log4j 1.6 and log4j2.enable.threadlocals = false but without effect, what can be the
reason?