From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Log
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:06:11 GMT
(Reply-all this time)

I blogged this one manually as soon as I saw Ralph's announcement message.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 2016/07/11, at 12:02, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> I didn’t do anything different this time. I think it just has to do with the number
of releases that are happening at the same time as to whether the full announcement is published.
Clearly, the blog is aware of earlier releases:

> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/date/20160603
> https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/date/20160610
>
> The blog entry to announce 2.0GA was 2 years ago https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces59
>
> But this is very strange: https://blogs.apache.org/logging/
>
> Ralph
>

>> On Jul 10, 2016, at 4:35 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> That's the first blog post there in almost 2.5 years! How can we get more entries
in there?

>> On 10 July 2016 at 17:45, Remko Popma <remko.popma@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Blogged:
>>>
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/logging/entry/log4j_2_6_2_released

Log4j 2 is an upgrade

toString() on auto-boxed primitive parameters.
auto-boxed primitive message parameters.

the source file after copying it. Thanks to Bernhard Mähr.
value for the PatternProcessor so
Thanks to Mikael Ståldal.
over on every reconfiguration. Added
Goers.
to format log events to text will not

on startup and was getting a NullPointerException.
and always stored non-JDK classes in ThreadLocals.
file is used by another process. Thanks to Ludovic HOCHET.

component, however it does not implement some of the