From Tarun Sharma <tarun.k.sha...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: Log4j2 - Socket appender configuration in properties file format
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 14:50:45 GMT
I think I have got most of them.

I am just stuck at two attributes, the keystore type and the managerfactoryalgorithm for both
keystore and truststore.

appender.socket.type = Socket

appender.socket.name= LogwareSocket

appender.socket.host = localhost

appender.socket.port = 5514

appender.socket.layout.type = SerializedLayout

appender.socket.connectTimeoutMillis = 2000

appender.socket.reconnectionDelayMillis = 10000

appender.socket.protocol = TCP

appender.socket.ssl.type = SSL

appender.socket.ssl.protocol = SSL

appender.socket.ssl.keystore.type=KeyStore

appender.socket.ssl.keystore.location=d:/log4jSample/properties/security/keystore.jks

appender.socket.ssl.keystore.password=password

appender.socket.ssl.truststore.type=TrustStore

appender.socket.ssl.truststore.location=d:/log4jSample/properties/security/keystore.jks

appender.socket.ssl.truststore.password=password

Regards,

Tarun

I have a socket appender configuration on the client side as below:

appender.socket.type = Socket

appender.socket.name = Socket_XYZ

appender.socket.host = localhost

appender.socket.port = 4712

appender.socket.reconnectionDelayMillis = 10000

I want to make it secure. I can see the example in xml format on the log4j2 website but I
am not able to get it working in the properties format. Please help.

Best Regards,

Tarun