From tehale <ankushtehale.v...@gmail.com>
Subject LoggerFields with RFC 5424 with in log4j.properties files.
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 19:18:30 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to add syslog appender to standard elasticsearch-5x
log4j2.properties file but it's not sending priority of log message over TCP
with log4j2 syslogappender in RFC 5424 format.

I have tried adding LoggerFields into my syslog appender in properties file
but it not paying off. I see examples with log4j.xml but no example with
log4j.properties for LoggerFields.

Here is my appender:
appender.sumo_syslog.type = Syslog
appender.sumo_syslog.name = sumo_syslog
#appender.sumo_syslog.layout.type = PatternLayout
#appender.sumo_syslog.layout.pattern = %-5p %-25c{1.} %marker%m%n
#appender.sumo_syslog.exceptionPattern=%ex{short.message}
#appender.sumo_syslog.loggerFields.keyValuePairs=[{"key" : "priority",
"value" : "%p"}]
appender.sumo_syslog.loggerFields={"key" : "priority", "value" : "%p"}
appender.sumo_syslog.port = 514
appender.sumo_syslog.host = localhost
appender.sumo_syslog.facility = local6
appender.sumo_syslog.protocol = UDP