From Piotr Wielgolaski <pwielgola...@gmail.com>
Subject Asynchronous logger and thread-local appender
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:43:16 GMT
Hi,
I have the case that I use appender that using thread local to fill some
context information
https://github.com/getsentry/sentry-java/issues/508

When I understand concept of async logger and its limitation, I wonder if
there is any way to make custom appender to work with it.
I was trying to figure based on documentation some extension points, but it
sound to be huge stretch if I for example implement messagefactory or
contextinjector.

I know that I can go with async appender and it will solve the problem, but
it will kill my logging performance only for appender that should kick in
when there is exception to be sent.

Do you have any recommendation how I could make it work?
I noticed that we have asyncappnder backed by disruptor, could it be my
option?

--
Sent from: http://apache-logging.6191.n7.nabble.com/Log4j-Users-f4.html