From Christian Wansart <christian.wans...@openknowledge.de>
Subject log4j2.xml won't get read
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:16:28 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a jax-rs project that uses log4j through slf4j-api and log4j-slf4j-impl. So
far, I configured the logging pattern via Wildfly’s standalone.xml. But I want to have a
project wide config file for logging.

I put a log4j2.xml in the resources folder, but when I run it, it just uses the pattern of
the standalone.xml.

Here is my log4j2.xml:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <Configuration status="WARN">
    <Appenders>
      <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
        <PatternLayout pattern="MYLOG TEST  %d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%t] %-5level %logger{36}
- %msg%n"/>
      </Console>
    </Appenders>
    <Loggers>
      <Root level="error">
        <AppenderRef ref="Console"/>
      </Root>
    </Loggers>
  </Configuration>

What am I missing? It seems that the file was not read?  In the output in my IntelliJ IDEA
IDE I just see the log messages in the format I set in the standalone.xml.

Best regards,
Christian