From "billokara@gmail.com"<billok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: loggerContext for container shared lib
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 07:18:33 GMT
Jira ticket created: LOG4J2-2065

Thanks!
Bill

On 2017-10-05 06:39, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> As I suspected your log shows it using the wrong ClassLoader to locate the configuration.
Please create a Jira issue with this information.

> Ralph
>
> > On Oct 5, 2017, at 1:31 AM, "billokara@gmail.com"<billokara@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for looking into this!
> >
> > I do have a log4j2.xml in tomcat/lib, was thinking that would be used by the common
classloader for the commomLib log...

> > I guess the problem is that the commonLib classes were only referenced by the webapp
code, thus the loggerContext for the commonLib was created during the webapp loading. Followings
are the debug logs for reference:

(org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext@3240b374) with optional ClassLoader: null