From "IS-Vernon Wu (PSP)" <v...@starbucks.com>
Subject Set up a default log file path for Tomcat
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:12:06 GMT
I would like to set up a default Log4J log directory for a Spring application deployed on Tomcat.
To do so, I have the following setup in a log4j2.xml configuration file:

<property name="log.file.path">${catalina.base}/logs</property>
<property name="log.file.name">my_app</property>

Under the TC log directory, there isn't the application log file. What is missing?

Also, I also would like to have an ability to override the default path setting. How to implement
it?

Thanks.