From Fröstl, Christian <christian.froe...@accenture.com>
Subject How to specify a log4j2.xml config file outside from classpath?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:46:56 GMT
Hello everybody,

We like to use a log4j2.xml file for log4j2 configuration of our hybris application.
If the file log4j2.xml is part of the classpath and the property "log4j2.config.xml=hybris-log4j2.xml"
is part of my local.properties file, it will be loaded automatically and everything is fine.
But how can we load the file if it is located in a directory outside the classpath?

I tried the following:
1.Specify the absolute path in local.properties file
-> Will just get many context loader and nullpointer exceptions in logfile

2. Specify the log4j.configurationFile property in log4j2.component.properties
-> The file will be found by the system, but config will have no effect. Fallback custom
log will be used

I found this documentation, that it should be possible to configure the xml file with this
properties, but it doesn't work.
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.0/faq.html -> How do I specify the configuration file
location?

Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

Thanks and greetings,
Christian