From Kevin Jung <mykevinj...@gmail.com>
Subject Need to clear ThreadContext for each HTTP request?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 02:01:08 GMT
Hello,

I am using Log4j 2 ThreadContext with Tomcat.  I wonder if I need to clear
ThreadContext at the end (or start) of HTTP request in order to avoid the
context data being carried over to next HTTP request processing.

I was assuming that thread context is cleared when Tomcat thread is put
back in the thread pool and when a Tomcat thread starts processing new HTTP
request, it starts with an empty thread context, nothing carried over from
the previous HTTP request.  But that's my assumption, I want to make sure I
do not need to clear at the end, like using a servlet filter.  Or should I
use CloseableThreadContext to avoid carrying over among HTTP requests?

Thanks,
Kevin