From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Version 1.2 - send one logger to a separate file
Date Fri, 04 May 2018 21:49:13 GMT
On 10/9/2017 5:56 PM, Remko Popma wrote:
> Log4j 1.x was declared End of Life in August 2015 (https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache_logging_services_project_announces).

> Also, Log4j 1.2 is known to be broken on Java 9 (https://blogs.apache.org/logging/entry/moving_on_to_log4j_2).

> Other than that, the people in this community have been focused on Log4j2 for several
years and I actually don't think there is anyone here with Log4j 1.x expertise.

> If you're willing to migrate to Log4j2 we may be able to help.

Reviving an old thread.  Willing to start a new one if the community
would prefer that.

Advice followed.  Solr is now using log4j2 as the default final logging
destination.  Still using slf4j in front of that.

Now that we've upgraded ... how do I send certain loggers to a separate
logfile?  The org.apache.solr.SolrCore.SlowRequest logger is the one I'm
interested in at the moment, but there might be more in the future.  We
would also want to know how to *exclude* this logger from other logfiles
(the main logfile in particular).

Also see:

Thanks,
Shawn