From Leon Finker <leon...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j2 under OSGi application
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 16:44:47 GMT
Hi,

Use case: provide log4j2 logging in Felix OSGi application. Nothing OSGi specific as far as
logging concerned. Simply need to log all logging events to configured log file for the application.
Using async logging.

If we run log4j2 (any current version) with default context selector, then we noticed that
each OSGi bundle creates a separate AsyncLoggerConfig* thread with its own Disruptor, RingBuffer,
etc. We have about 30+ bundles. Only by setting Log4jContextSelector to org.apache.logging.log4j.core.selector.BasicContextSelector,
this is prevented and one AsyncLoggerConfig/Disruptor/RingBuffer is created.

Is this expected?