From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [External] Log4j2 - combining .properties and .xml config files
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:06:04 GMT
I don’t understand what you are trying to do here. Why do you have both log4j2.configurationFile
and log4j.configurationFile? Only one of them will take effect. What is log4j2.config.xml?
Last I checked, Log4j2 doesn’t have a property with that name.

I thought you were asking about composite configurations but I don’t see you trying to do
that here.

Ralph

> On Aug 16, 2018, at 5:11 AM, Fröstl, Christian <christian.froestl@accenture.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I am not able to configure it. I tried the following configuration in
our properties file:
> log4j2.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties
> log4j.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties
>
> The log4j2.xml will only be used if I activate this parameter in the property file:
> log4j2.config.xml=hybris-log4j2.xml
>
> Both configurations are working correctly, if I just use it directly in the property
file or if I activate the xml config with the log4j2.config.xml parameter.
> Even if I only try to load the properties file, it will not be used. Instead, the default
logging will be used.

> Example:
> log4j2.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties
> log4j.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties
>
> Greetings,
> Christian
>
> On 06.08.18, 15:26, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>    You can do this today. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=>
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=>>.

>> On Aug 6, 2018, at 5:55 AM, Fröstl, Christian <christian.froestl@accenture.com>
wrote:

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I just wanted to know if it is planned to combine different logging configuration
in the future, or if it is still possible today?

>> Example:
>> - Base logging configuration is a log4j2.xml from the classpath
>> - Logging could be extended by adding new loggers to the .properties files
>>
>> Could this be a valid case in the future of log4j2 or is there a strict separation
between .properties and .xml files? (or even properties and JSON files)

>> Thanks and greetings,
>> Christian

>> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary,
of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.