From Fröstl, Christian <christian.froe...@accenture.com>
Subject Re: [External] Re: Log4j2 - combining .properties and .xml config files
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 12:11:29 GMT
Unfortunately, I am not able to configure it. I tried the following configuration in our properties
file:
log4j2.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties
log4j.configurationFile=/<path-to-file>/log4j2.xml,/<path-to-file>/local-55.properties

The log4j2.xml will only be used if I activate this parameter in the property file:
log4j2.config.xml=hybris-log4j2.xml

Both configurations are working correctly, if I just use it directly in the property file
or if I activate the xml config with the log4j2.config.xml parameter.
Even if I only try to load the properties file, it will not be used. Instead, the default
logging will be used.

Example:
log4j2.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties
log4j.configurationFile=/path-to-file>/local-55.properties

Greetings,
Christian

On 06.08.18, 15:26, "Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

    You can do this today. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__logging.apache.org_log4j_2.x_manual_configuration.html-23CompositeConfiguration&d=DwIFaQ&c=eIGjsITfXP_y-DLLX0uEHXJvU8nOHrUK8IrwNKOtkVU&r=37nF0SnGtdjmcblOpYG7cKwaPDc1GWo5GNDvnDLF8TE&m=dqVUgBVu7URniCVxTeq1y5U_d6Fn7acMLpIQqhd-Vhs&s=1jWwqr_hAMgBAQrr8zFcuOLEPViYbVW7eF0WssQfO2E&e=>.

    > On Aug 6, 2018, at 5:55 AM, Fröstl, Christian <christian.froestl@accenture.com>
wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I just wanted to know if it is planned to combine different logging configuration
in the future, or if it is still possible today?

    > Example:
    > - Base logging configuration is a log4j2.xml from the classpath
    > - Logging could be extended by adding new loggers to the .properties files
    >
    > Could this be a valid case in the future of log4j2 or is there a strict separation
between .properties and .xml files? (or even properties and JSON files)

    > Thanks and greetings,
    > Christian

of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your
privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data
protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please
see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.