From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with daily rotation on log4j2 RollingFile
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2018 19:31:52 GMT
On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 12:24, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

> Matt, I don’t see anything wrong with the file pattern.
>

>From the manual:

The pattern of the file name of the archived log file. The format of the
> pattern is dependent on the RolloverPolicy that is used. The
> DefaultRolloverPolicy will accept both a date/time pattern compatible with
> SimpleDateFormat and/or a %i which represents an integer counter. The
> pattern also supports interpolation at runtime so any of the Lookups (such
> as the DateLookup) can be included in the pattern.

This doesn't make any sense if you're not directly quoting everything that
isn't a date format character. In fact, this doesn't tell you how to even
insert the pattern at all unless you find random examples of how it
actually works in other parts of the manual.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>