From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Have a patch to contribute to fix a lookup issue in Log4j 2
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2018 23:09:47 GMT
If you have a fix the easiest thing to do is to create a pull request at GitHub. If it has
a unit test to validate the problem and the fix it will almost certainly be applied.

As far as getting commit rights, that generally happens after someone has contributed several
patches, participated to some degree on the developers list and/or shown that they understand
how the project works and can play well with others.

Ralph

> On Sep 26, 2018, at 3:18 PM, Bhavesh Patel <bhaveshhpatel@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi,   I have filed an issue regarding an issue with ResourceBundleLookup in Log4j 2.
The issue is logged at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2455. As mentioned in
the comment of the bug, I have a fix for this issue and can also update the test to verify
the fix. I have experience contributing to OpenSource project as I am a contributor and a
reviewer on OpenJDK (http://openjdk.java.net/census#bpatel) and my contribution to the OpenJDK
project can be viewed at (http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/search/?rev=author%28bpatel%29&revcount=2560).
Let me know if the Log4j 2 community would like me to work on contributing this fix to the
project. Any pointers on becoming a contributor to the project would be really helpful.