From Bhavesh Patel <bhaveshhpa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Regarding log4j2 monitor interval
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 22:18:38 GMT
 Hi,    I have a question about monitor interval on log4j2 configuration file. I know that
the monitor interval will work if anything is directly updated in the configuration file.
Is there a way to track updates made to any lookups referred in the configuration file using
monitor interval?   Our issue if that we are using a Kafka Appender and have removed the
Kafka bootstrap servers and topic names in a separate abc.properties file. From log4j2.xml,
we do a bundle lookup to abc and get the value for Kafka bootstrap server and topic names.
We have monitor interval set on log4j2.xml but since Kafka bootstrap server and topic names
are not in this file, any updated made to them in the abc.properties file will not be picked
up by monitor interval unless the application is restarted.    Anyone faced this issue or
can suggest any solution for this?
Thanks,Bhavesh.