From Remko Popma <remko.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not able to get logging printout to console, email etc
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2019 11:03:35 GMT
Hi Karen,

Did you have a chance to look at Ralph’s answer in detail?

That should get you started so you can try a few things to make progress with the issues you’re
seeing.

(Remko

> On Apr 30, 2019, at 18:30, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> Thanks Remko,
> I wish everyone think like you, on the good side.
> As I think my problem should be very straight forward to this group as I am only a noob
in programming related staff, I will get a response within the time frame like other Apache
group.
> Anyway, I will wait patiently for a reply for now.
> Thanks for the hel in advance.
> I will be happy to contribute to the community in whatever way u can. For example like
reach out to developing countries to make people more computer literate if I learnt the know
how in log4j2.

intentions and try to act in an empathetic fashion (https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct).

> Enjoy!
> ;-)
>
> Remko
>

>> On Apr 30, 2019, at 17:29, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure in what way have I not been polite.
>> Hope you can point out.
>> I have asked that question because I was afraid my message did not get thru.
>>

>> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
>>

>> On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 3:59 PM, Arthur Hsieh <arthur@tth.tw> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karen,
>>
>> NO ONE is obliged to answer your question, rather, people do so out of the kindness
and in the spirit of the open source community.  Most people who contributes to open source
projects have days jobs and are kind enough to spend their personal time to in assisting others.
 Please do not take this for granted and may I suggest being more polite in your requests
for assistance/replies.

>> Kind regards,
>> Arthur
>>
>> On 2019/4/30, 10:59, "Karen Goh" <karenworld@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I would like to know why am I not getting a reply for my question.
>>
>>     Anyway, I would like to add that I have now changed to maven web app.
>>
>>     And here's my log4j2.xml file ;
>>
>>     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>     <!DOCTYPE xml>
>>
>>         <Configuration status="DEBUG">
>>
>>             <Appenders>
>>                 <Console name="LogToConsole" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
>>                     <PatternLayout
>>                         pattern="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%t] %-5level %logger{36} - %msg%n"
/>
>>                 </Console>
>>             </Appenders>
>>             <Loggers>
>>                 <!-- avoid duplicated logs with additivity=false -->
>>                 <Logger name="business" level="debug" additivity="false">
>>                     <AppenderRef ref="LogToConsole" />
>>                 </Logger>
>>                 <Root level="error">
>>                     <AppenderRef ref="LogToConsole" />
>>                 </Root>
>>             </Loggers>
>>         </Configuration>
>>
>>     I also have a log4j.properties file which I am not sure if I should remove it
cos I am not sure should I just use log4j2 will do.  Hope someone can advise me.