From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: How to have a separate log file for a thread and all sub threads?
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2019 03:36:01 GMT
I think the solution is pretty simple. The RoutingAppender doesn’t only work with the ThreadContext.
It works using a lookup. So if you were to use a ThreadLookup that used ${{thread:id}} you
would get a new Appender for each thread id. To be honest, I am not sure why we haven’t
created a ThreadLookup before. I could easily see multiple places were the thread id, name,
priority or ThreadGroup name might want to be used.

If you want all the threads in a “job” then I would create the parent thread with its
own thread group and use the thread group name in the lookup.

Ralph