From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: How to use “callAppenders” under log4j2
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 01:52:55 GMT
OK. I’ve glanced at the PR review comments and I understand what you want to do. I looked
at the SLF4J implementation and it is not the way I would have implemented it. It essentially
just wraps the SLF4J API instead of calling the SPI layer.

I’ve taken a look at you latest commit and it looks close to what I would have recommended,
although I would have recommended you use the logMessage method instead of calling get() on
the Logger. I have a suspicion you are going to run into errors if you bypass the ReliabilityStrategy
as you are doing.

Ralph

> On May 12, 2019, at 6:15 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> Even after following the link I still have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.
Can you explain it using words?

> As for the code below I don’t see how it will do anything useful. You have created
a LoggerConfig that isn’t associated with a Configuration and has no elements attached to
it so the call to the log method is going to result in nothing happening.

> Ralph
>
>> On May 12, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> I think i've found a way to do this, would doing this:
>>    LoggerConfig loggerConfig = new LoggerConfig(logger.toString(), null, false);
   loggerConfig.log(logEntry.asLoggingEvent());
>> be the equivalent?
>>   On Sunday, 12 May 2019, 16:49:06 BST, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>> Thanks for replying, I’m trying to do https://github.com/google/flogger/pull/82/files#diff-9a6ef9c14f03fa6a0ad09da1dd5707f3R74
(Even though it’s a new file it’s a copy from the log4j1 version in that repo but modified
for log4j2)
>>    On Sunday, 12 May 2019, 16:44:13 BST, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

>> What are you trying to do?
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>>> On May 12, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

>>> Hi, I’m currently stuck at “callAppenders” which appears to not exist.
>>> log4j2/src/main/java/com/google/common/flogger/backend/log4j2/Log4j2LoggerBackend.java:76:
error: cannot find symbol