From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: How to use “callAppenders” under log4j2
Date Mon, 13 May 2019 01:15:42 GMT
Even after following the link I still have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. Can you
explain it using words?

As for the code below I don’t see how it will do anything useful. You have created a LoggerConfig
that isn’t associated with a Configuration and has no elements attached to it so the call
to the log method is going to result in nothing happening.

Ralph

> On May 12, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I think i've found a way to do this, would doing this:
>     LoggerConfig loggerConfig = new LoggerConfig(logger.toString(), null, false);
loggerConfig.log(logEntry.asLoggingEvent());
> be the equivalent?
>    On Sunday, 12 May 2019, 16:49:06 BST, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>  Thanks for replying, I’m trying to do https://github.com/google/flogger/pull/82/files#diff-9a6ef9c14f03fa6a0ad09da1dd5707f3R74
(Even though it’s a new file it’s a copy from the log4j1 version in that repo but modified
for log4j2)
>     On Sunday, 12 May 2019, 16:44:13 BST, Apache <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> What are you trying to do?
>
> Ralph
>
>> On May 12, 2019, at 8:06 AM, Paladox <thomasmulhall410@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I’m currently stuck at “callAppenders” which appears to not exist.
>> log4j2/src/main/java/com/google/common/flogger/backend/log4j2/Log4j2LoggerBackend.java:76:
error: cannot find symbol