From Stefan Wendelmann <SWendelm...@itout.de>
Subject AW: Not able to add Appender + Logger programmatically and log
Date Mon, 27 May 2019 10:38:01 GMT
Hey log4j Team,

may i ask if i can get any help in this.
I know you do this in your freetime, but we have serious problems with that memory leak.

I already made up a ticket and a stackoverflow but still got no fitting answer.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2589

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55905449/memory-leak-with-log4j2-custom-hibernate-appender

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Wendelmann

Von: Stefan Wendelmann
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 2. Mai 2019 16:54
An: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Betreff: Not able to add Appender + Logger programmatically and log

Hi log4j Team,

i am in struggle with log4j2 for a few weeks now.

I got a JDBC Appender in my XML Config and want to programmatically add a Logger for each
Job/Task
to configure ist level programmatically, with two refs.

  1.  Ref is a FileAppender wich is also added/configured programmatically
  2.  Ref ist he mentiont JDBC Appender from the XML Config

The JDBC Appender is working fine but the programmatically added configs wont work, i just
get the log to Console output.

I made up a full example including JUnit test of my work on github  see: https://github.com/stefanwendelmann/JavaLogging

I would be very pleased if you could help me.

Thanks in advance 😊

Stefan Wendelmann