From "arjun Sirupa (asirupa)" <asir...@cisco.com>
Subject strange problem
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2019 07:55:46 GMT
Hi,

We are using log4j-1.2.17.jar and facing a strange issue. When we change log level for few
packages, it takes effect correctly. For some packages, though the log level is set to INFO,
their logs get printed in DEBUG all the time. We didn’t setup root logger in our config.
However, even when if I set it to FATAL, it made no difference.

We see below log statement continuously. I found this<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8243137/log4jerror-attempted-to-append-to-closed-appender-named>
online.

SystemConsole -::::- log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [DebugFileAppender]

I tried,

LogManager.resetConfiguration();
PropertyConfigurator.configure(“<log4j.xml path>”);

It didn’t help. I tried to debug by setting -Dlog4j.debug in JAVA_OPTS. It didn’t print
much.

I am trying to debug why the log4j.xml updates are not working for few packages. Any help
or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjun