logging-log4j-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eric Schwarzenbach <subscri...@blackbrook.org>
Subject Re: Logging works fine on one machine but not on the other
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2020 16:06:14 GMT
I'm sure you know this but a reminder just in case this slipped by, 
since it's easy to not notice at a glance: the path separator character 
needs to be different between the Windows and Linux (; vs :)

On 10/6/20 11:47 AM, Michiel Graat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am in the process of migrating an application from Log4J 1.2.16 to Log4J 2.13.3. I
am using the log4j 1.2 to 2.13.3 bridge for this purpose.
>
> I am almost done and on my own development machine everything is working perfectly. However,
when I deploy the application to a test server all the logging gets send to the root logger
only. The log4j2.xml configuration files on both machines are exactly the same, only the paths
differ. Also: my development machine runs Windows, the test server runs Linux. I have added
the one on the test server to the end of this e-mail, excuse the messy replace statement.
Some extra information: the application runs on Weblogic 12.2.1.3.
>
> On my own machine I added the location of the log4j2.xml to the classpath. On the test
server I have tried adding the location to the classpath as well as setting it through the
log4j.configurationFile Java VM parameter. The result in both cases is the same: all the logfiles
are created at startup but only the one mentioned in the root logger gets logdata send to
it, the other logfiles stay empty. This tells me that at least Log4J2 is able to find and
read the configuration file. I have tried switching the appender which is mentioned in the
root logger. In that case logging data gets send to that file, so it does not seem to be anything
filesystem related.
>
> I am completely lost here and do not know what is going wrong, hence this e-mail. Any
ideas?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michiel
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <Configuration monitorInterval="60">
> 	<Appenders>
> 		<RollingFile name="ERROR_LOG" fileName="/var/log/weblogic/app/error.log" filePattern="/var/log/weblogic/app/error.log%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.gz">
> 			<PatternLayout charset="UTF-8" pattern="###%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{Europe/Amsterdam}|%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{UTC}|%-5p|%t|%c{2}|%replace{%replace{%replace{%m}{(&lt;[^/]*?[wW]achtwoord.*?&gt;).*?(&lt;/.*?[wWWachtwoord].*?&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;pw&gt;).*?(&lt;/pw&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;newPW&gt;).*?(&lt;/newPW&gt;)}{$1********$2}|%n"
/>
> 			<Policies>
> 				<TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy interval="1"/>
> 			</Policies>
> 			<DefaultRolloverStrategy max="7"/>
> 		</RollingFile>
> 		<RollingFile name="DEBUG_LOG" fileName="/var/log/weblogic/app/debug.log" filePattern="/var/log/weblogic/app/debug.log%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.gz">
> 			<PatternLayout charset="UTF-8" pattern="###%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{Europe/Amsterdam}|%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{UTC}|%-5p|%t|%c{2}|%replace{%replace{%replace{%m}{(&lt;[^/]*?[wW]achtwoord.*?&gt;).*?(&lt;/.*?[wWWachtwoord].*?&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;pw&gt;).*?(&lt;/pw&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;newPW&gt;).*?(&lt;/newPW&gt;)}{$1********$2}|%n"
/>
> 			<Policies>
> 				<TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy interval="1"/>
> 			</Policies>
> 			<DefaultRolloverStrategy max="7"/>
> 		</RollingFile>
> 		<RollingFile name="FACADE_LOG" fileName="/var/log/weblogic/app/facade.log" filePattern="/var/log/weblogic/app/facade.log%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.gz">
> 			<PatternLayout charset="UTF-8" pattern="###%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{Europe/Amsterdam}|%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{UTC}|%-5p|%t|%c{2}|%replace{%replace{%replace{%m}{(&lt;[^/]*?[wW]achtwoord.*?&gt;).*?(&lt;/.*?[wWWachtwoord].*?&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;pw&gt;).*?(&lt;/pw&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;newPW&gt;).*?(&lt;/newPW&gt;)}{$1********$2}|%n"
/>
> 			<Policies>
> 				<TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy interval="1"/>
> 			</Policies>
> 			<DefaultRolloverStrategy max="7"/>
> 		</RollingFile>
> 		<RollingFile name="AUDIT_LOG" fileName="/var/log/weblogic/audit/audit.log" filePattern="/var/log/weblogic/audit/audit.log%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.gz">
> 			<PatternLayout charset="UTF-8" pattern="###%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{Europe/Amsterdam}|%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss,SSS Z}{UTC}|%-5p|%t|%c{2}|%replace{%replace{%replace{%m}{(&lt;[^/]*?[wW]achtwoord.*?&gt;).*?(&lt;/.*?[wWWachtwoord].*?&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;pw&gt;).*?(&lt;/pw&gt;)}{$1********$2}}{(&lt;newPW&gt;).*?(&lt;/newPW&gt;)}{$1********$2}|%n"
/>
> 			<Policies>
> 				<TimeBasedTriggeringPolicy interval="1"/>
> 			</Policies>
> 			<DefaultRolloverStrategy max="7"/>
> 		</RollingFile>
> 	</Appenders>
> 	<Loggers>
> 		<Logger name="nl.sidn.app.facade" level="debug" additivity="false">
> 			<AppenderRef ref="FACADE_LOG"/>
> 		</Logger>
> 		<Logger name="nl.sidn.app.auditadapter" level="debug" additivity="false">
> 			<AppenderRef ref="AUDIT_LOG"/>
> 		</Logger>
> 		<Logger name="nl.sidn.app.proces" level="debug" additivity="false">
> 			<AppenderRef ref="DEBUG_LOG"/>
> 		</Logger>
> 		<Root level="debug">
> 			<AppenderRef ref="ERROR_LOG" />
> 		</Root>
> 	</Loggers>
> </Configuration>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: log4j-user-unsubscribe@logging.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: log4j-user-help@logging.apache.org


Mime
View raw message