lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Worms <da...@simpledesign.com>
Subject Re: [LARM] next steps
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:52:50 GMT

On Friday, January 31, 2003, at 03:48  PM, Clemens Marschner wrote:

> Great, so how should we go on?
>
> I suggest we wait for you, David, so that you can make the code a
> little
> more stable and change the things you mentioned. You said something
> about
> two weeks (?)

Two weeks is the time I need to become more familiar with the crawler,
setup some config, try Merlin, and get a deeper look at the excalibur
event package. At this time, I could send a similar but cleaner code.

> I would say we should then be at a point where we could get rid of
> de.lanlab.* packages and move the rest to something like
> org.apache.larm and
> then put it into the sandbox.

or maybe incubator.apache.org

> We should also check if performance is a problem, especially with those
> factory methods.

We could easily avoid the message factories and use regular constructor.