lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Belisle <Nicolas.Beli...@bibl.ulaval.ca>
Subject Re: Directory Implementation: Java Content Repository
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:52:14 GMT
Hi Erik,

Since Java Content Repository uses java.io.InputStream, I extended
RAMInputStream to achieve random reads from the java.io.InputStream. (Have
a better idea ?)

However RAMInputStream and its constructor parameter (RAMFile) are package
private.

Should I ? :

- 1. Put all my thing in "org.apache.lucene.store"
- 2. Put my RAMInputStream sub-class in "org.apache.lucene.store" and call
it from a different package ("org.apache.lucene.store.jcr")
- 3. Make RAMFile class public and its fields (generate getter/setter) and
RAMInputStream (Requires changes to Lucene source code)
- 4. Copy the code of RAMInputStream in my class (Not a very good idea)
- 5. >>Put your strategy here<<

You do you think ?

Some changes to  RAMInputStream/RAMFile would probably help the development
of other Directory implementations.

Nicolas