lucene-dev mailing list archives

From jian chen <chenjian1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DbDirectory with Berkeley DB Java Edition
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:55:30 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty pessimistic about any DB directory implementation for Lucene.
The nature of the Lucene index files does not really fit well into a
relational database. Therefore, performance wise, the DB implementations
would suffer a lot. Basically, I would discourage anyone on the DB
implementation.

2 cents,

Jian