lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Hoschek <wolfgang.hosc...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Search agents
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:53:11 GMT
If you'd consider using a MemoryIndex for this, I'd recommend also
having a look at nux.xom.pool.FullTextUtil and
nux.xom.pool.FullTextPool, adding smart caching for indexes, queries
and results on top of a MemoryIndex. With some luck this (or some
variant of it) could help speed up your use cases, at least as far as
I gather.

[It's part of the Nux download]

Wolfgang.

Snippet from the javadoc:

/**
  * Thread-safe XQuery/XPath fulltext search utilities; implemented
with the
  * Lucene engine and a custom high-performance adapter for
  * on-the-fly main memory indexing with smart caching for indexes,
queries and results.
  * <p>
  * Complementing the standard XPath string and regular
  * expression matching functionality, Lucene has a powerful query
syntax with support
  * for word stemming, fuzzy searches, similarity searches,
approximate searches,
  * boolean operators, wildcards, grouping, range searches, term
boosting, etc.
  * For details see the <a target="_blank"
  * href="http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/
queryparsersyntax.html">Lucene Query
  * Syntax and Examples</a>.
  * Also see {@link org.apache.lucene.index.memory.MemoryIndex}
  * and {@link PatternAnalyzer} for detailed documentation.
  * <p>
  * Example Java usage:
  * <pre>
  * Analyzer analyzer = PatternAnalyzer.DEFAULT_ANALYZER;
  * float score = FullTextUtil.match(
  *    "Readings about Salmons and other select Alaska fishing Manuals",
  *    "+salmon~ +fish* manual~",
  *    analyzer, analyzer);
  * if (score &gt; 0.0f) {
  *     // query matches text