lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Question about FieldInfos
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 01:21:58 GMT

: Is there some reason not to store all field attributes in one place (*.fnm) ?

: Some of them are stored as a one byte-bit mask
: in the field infos file (*.fnm),
:
: isIndexed  (IS_INDEXED)
: storeTermVector  (STORE_TERMVECTOR)
: storePositionsWithTermVector  (STORE_POSITIONS_WITH_TERMVECTOR)
: storeOffsetWithTermVector (STORE_OFFSET_WITH_TERMVECTOR)
: omitNorms  (OMIT_NORMS)
:
: Other attributes are stored as a bit mask in the data file (*.fdt):
:
: tokenized
: binary
: compressed

My understanding of the fileformats is that the *.fnm file contains info
about all fields, while the *.fdx and *.fdt files contain info about the
"stored" fields ... allthough what exactly the "tokenized" attribute
in that file might mean, i have no idea.  To the best of my knowledge, the
"tokenized" property of a field is only meaningful when it's being added
to a document (if true, then use the analyzer, if not treat as a literal
value).  I didn't think anything in the file format recorded wether or not
the field had been tokenized.

-Hoss