lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The tvp extension
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:38:26 GMT
I don't have the sources handy to check, but my guess would be this extension is/was for Term
Vectors with Positions.
Like somebody else said recently, it would be good to make all these into static finals, so
we don't have to chase "string" values in the code.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com>
To: java-dev@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2007 12:10:32 AM
Subject: The tvp extension

Hello,

In o.a.l.index.IndexFileNames.java, there are these lines :

  static final String INDEX_EXTENSIONS[] = new String[] {
      "cfs", "fnm", "fdx", "fdt", "tii", "tis", "frq", "prx", "del",
      "tvx", "tvd", "tvf", "tvp", "gen", "nrm"
  };

What is the "tvp" extension ? I didn't see any occurrence of it in the doc,
neither in the code. A bug ?

cheers,
Nicolas