lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Miller" <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching an empty index with a sort field specified throws a runtime exception
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:52:50 GMT
Subject says it all. Just wondering if this behavior is acceptable to
everyone and I should code around it, or if we might get a fix. The
exception is thrown when the sort field is examined for what type it is
(type set to auto). Lucene throws an exception saying that  the field is
empty and so the type cannot be inferred. The field is empty because the
index is empty.  Perhaps there is an  easy  fix short of a Lucene patch as
well. Little help?

- Mark