lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Cauvery Developer" <kaveriopensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Term(String, BufferedReader) constructor ?
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 10:02:39 GMT
Hi,
If we are able to create a Field using a BufferedReader, why not do the same
for the Term as well ?

I am trying to implement Lucene for a small set of source files, where the
entire source is the value for a Field named 'source'. Creating the field
was easy because there is a constructor for Field using a BufferedReader.
When there are changes in the source file, I need to update the Document in
the Index using updateDocument(Term, Document). Since, a Term is "...is
composed of two elements, the text of the word, as a string, and the name of
the field that the text occured in...", I would have to build the Term with
the modified source. But, there isn't such a constructor for Term.

I know, I can I use IndexWriter with createFlag set to false while updating.
But, this sounds too "comprehensive".

Regards,
Nags