lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setRAMBufferSizeMB and DEFAULT_RAM_BUFFER_SIZE_MB missing from IndexWriter !
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:31:30 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> Right, the javadocs are for the nightly build.   See the Site Versions
> section of http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/index.html for releases.

Unreleased stuff should only be linked to in a "developer" section of
the website.  Right now the primary javadoc links on the website are to
unreleased documentation.  We should fix this.

Unreleased versions of software and documentation are not meant to be
published under the Apache license.  This permits us a review of what's
released, so that if something were to enter subversion that should not
be released, we have an opportunity to remove it.  Thus we must maintain
a clear line between what we expect the general public to download and
view under the license, and the draft versions that we, the developer
community, share amongst ourselves.  Publishing unreleased things in a
way that could be perceived as an official publication for end-users
could weaken our control of what is licensed.

Doug