lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setRAMBufferSizeMB and DEFAULT_RAM_BUFFER_SIZE_MB missing from IndexWriter !
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 19:07:33 GMT
Grant Ingersoll wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/42616?search_string=javadocs%20nightly%20build
contains
> the discussion on this from way back when.

In that discussion I said that, "links to nightly builds should be
confined to 'developer' portions of the site".  That's not yet the case
today.

> I think we pretty clearly
> mark the javadocs as being nightly build, but I suppose we could make
> the Documentation->Javadoc link explicitly say it, something like
> Javadoc Nightly Build.

Links to unreleased software and documentation must be in a separate
"developer" section of the website.  Describing these as "nightly"
doesn't help, it just elevates "nightly" to an officially available
release to the general public, which it must not be.

> Otherwise, we could replace the link there with
> a page that provides links to the various released versions and the
> nightly build.

Again, nightly artifacts must not available from the same section of the
website as official releases.  We should have a separate tab or menu
section for developer resources.

Doug