lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Let's release Lucene 2.3 soon?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:11:01 GMT

On Dec 30, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Michael Busch wrote:

> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 30, 2007, at 6:29 AM, Michael Busch wrote:
>>
>>> In this time period only critical/blocking issues and
>>> documentation patches can be committed to the branch.
>>>

>> I'd add that we should make some effort to clean up old JIRA
>> issues...
>>

> I think I have a deja-vu! :) I think when we released 2.2 I forgot to
> mention this and you reminded us!
>
> But I don't think that we really cleaned up that much. Shall we do it
> this time in a more coordinated manner? I think it would be great if
> we
> could work through all unresolved issues that haven't been updated in
> 2007. I created a private JIRA filter (not sure how I can share a
> private filter or create a public one?) and 117 issues is the result.
>
> I will go ahead and open a couple of JIRA issues with type 'Task' and
> fix version '2.3', a separate one for each package. Then whoever feels
> comfortable with an issue can comment on it, close it or update it.
>
> I'll also do a bulk update of all those 117 issues and change the
> priority to minor. Any objections?

Cool.  I would just add that cleaned up doesn't necessarily mean
closed, it could just mean reviewed and left opened b/c it is still
valid.  That being said, my guess is that most of the really, really
old ones could be marked as won't fix, although there are still some
interesting ones in there, mostly having to do with adding features.