lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TeeTokenFilter performance testing
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:55:39 GMT

17 dec 2007 kl. 05.40 skrev Grant Ingersoll:

> a somewhat common case whereby two or more fields share a fair
> number of common analysis steps.

Right.

> For the smaller token counts, any performance difference is
> negligible.  However, even at 500 tokens, one starts to see a
> difference.  The first thing to note is that TeeTokenFilter (TTF) is
> much _slower_ in the case that all tokens are siphoned off (X = 1).
> I believe the reason is the cost of Token.clone()

I might be missing something here, but why do you clone? I usually
fill a List<Token> with the same instances and then only clone the
tokens I need to update. The same token instances are used in multiple
fields and queries at the same time and I never had any problems with
that. Should I be expecting some?

--
karl