lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven A Rowe" <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: formatable changes log
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:00:39 GMT
Hi Doron,

On 01/26/2008 at 2:26 PM, Doron Cohen wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2008 6:32 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:

> > > If we choose this, can you donate it?
> >
> > Yes, I can donate it.  I put the ASL2 declaration in a comment at the
> > top of the script.
>
> Can you  attach it in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1157?  -
> current patch contains your (great) script but to use it
> 'playing safe' to my understanding your script must be
> attached by you...

Sure, actually, I made a couple of modifications to the script:

  - added links to JIRA versions of Bugzilla bugs;
  - converted most lists to be numbered instead of bulleted, in
    preparation for the new non-numbered CHANGES.txt style; and
  - some code cleanup: moved large variable definitions to
    subroutines at the bottom of the script

I'll merge my changes with yours and make a new patch, which I'll attach to the issue a little
later today.

> See http://people.apache.org/~doronc/changes2/Changes.html

Looks great!  Thanks for pushing this through, Doron.

Steve