lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Doron Cohen" <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back Compatibility
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:01:36 GMT
On Jan 25, 2008 8:04 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> One more thought on back compatibility:
>
> Do we have the same requirements for any and all contrib modules?  I
> am especially thinking about the benchmark contrib, but it probably
> applies to others as well.
>
> -Grant

In general I think that contrib should have same requirements, because
there may be applications out there depending on it - e.g. highlighting,
spell-correction - and here too, unstable packages can be marked with
the temporary warning such those we currently have for search.function.

benchmark is different in that - I think - there are no applications that
depend on it, so perhaps we can have more flexibility in it?

Doron