lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Doron Cohen" <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: formatable changes log
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:05:31 GMT
On Jan 26, 2008 6:36 AM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:

> On 01/25/2008 at 2:05 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> > > As it is becoming hard to browse/navigate CHANGES.txt, how about
> > > maintaining it in a simple HTML file?
> >
> > personally, i'm a fan of simple, plain text files for the
> > CHANGES.txt ... easy to edit, easy to read.
>
> I don't know about easy to read (more than one page per section makes it
> hard to know where you are), but easy to edit, sure.
>
> > (even better in my mind would be if we could keep editing in
> > plain text, and had some handy scripts to reformat into HTML
>
> I was thinking the same thing, and I've done just that, stealing the
> folding Javascript verbatim from Doron's original:
>
> <http://web.syr.edu/~sarowe/Changes.html<http://web.syr.edu/%7Esarowe/Changes.html>
> >


Thanks Steven, this is great!

I added in auto-linkification of JIRA and Bugzilla issues.  IMHO, working
> links to issues is the killer feature for an HTML version of CHANGES.txt.


+1


> Here's the Perl script I wrote to produce the above:
>
> <http://web.syr.edu/~sarowe/changes.txt.to.html.pl.txt<http://web.syr.edu/%7Esarowe/changes.txt.to.html.pl.txt>
> >
>
> However, I noticed a problem: in CHANGES.txt under the 2.3.0 release in
> the "Bug fixes" section, there is a gap in the sequence:
>
>  17. LUCENE-1010: Fixed corruption case when document with no term
>      vector fields is added after documents with term vector fields.
>      This case is hit during merge and would cause an EOFException.
>      This bug was introduced with LUCENE-984.  (Andi Vajda via Mike
>      McCandless)

  19. LUCENE-1009: Fix merge slowdown with LogByteSizeMergePolicy when
>      autoCommit=false and documents are using stored fields and/or term
>      vectors.  (Mark Miller via Mike McCandless)
>
> But my script only notices that it's a numbered list, not the specific
> numbers on each item, and so re-numbers item #19 as #18, and then continues
> for all following items to be misaligned with CHANGES.txt.  Should we
> preserve incorrect sequencing in the HTML format?
>


I agree with MIke that we should let the script do the numbering.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1157 for this.


>
> On 01/25/2008 at 7:01 AM, DM Smith wrote:
> > And it will solve a charset problem I'm seeing in the file.
> >
> > Under Testing for 2.3.0, there is an accented character that
> > looks like it is encoded in UTF-8 but it is coming across as
> > multi-character.
>
> I added a <META> tag in the <head> tag to set the charset to UTF-8; looks
> like it did the trick.
>

> Steve
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-dev-help@lucene.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message