lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Halsey, Stephen" <>
Subject Bug: Negative wildcard searches on MultiSearcher not eliminating correctly.
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:10:37 GMT
I think I've discovered a bug. I've opened the following issue:-
with a test case class and the following description:-
If you do a search for a negative wildcard query on a MultiSearcher
where one of the searchers is empty e.g. "lucene -bug*" the hits
returned incorrectly include articles with words that should be
eliminated, e.g. "bug" and "bugs". This is because the query expansion
is done on the index with docs in and the empty ndex separately and then
combined as an OR to be run on the MultiSearcher. This incorrectly lets
in docs that have the excluded wildcard terms, e.g. "bug" nd bugs". This
bug would also show up with two indexes full of docs, and I can send a
test to show that if required, but I think this test demonstrates the
bug in the implest way. 

The attached class
can be put in with other tests in and run and
will fail, showing the bug exists.

I have tested this bug with the currently unreleased 2.3.2 and the
released 2.1 and 2.3.1 and it fails on all.

With lucene-1.5-rc1 it passes (with mods to make it work with old API)


Please contact me if you need any further clarification.





View raw message