lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Realtime Search
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:19:04 GMT
Robert Engels wrote:
> Do what you like. You obviously will.  This is the problem with the Lucene managers -
the problems are only the ones they see - same with the solutions.  If the solution (or questions)
put them outside their comfort zone, they are ignored or dismissed in a tone that is designed
to limit any further questions (especially those that might question their ability and/or
understanding).

There are no "Lucene managers".  We are a collaborative community.  As
with any community, all are not equally informed in all matters, and
some may not realize they are uninformed.  Consensus building is an art.
  One cannot simply assert that one is correct.  One must rather
convince others.  Offending them is not a good start.  Polite
persistence, illustrative examples and patches are often successful.

Doug