lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filesystem based bitset
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 00:34:29 GMT
robert engels wrote:
> Can something be offensive if its a statement of fact ?  If you believe
> it is (under definition #3), then his remarks to me were just as
> offensive - as they caused me much displeasure and resentment. So please
> dress him down as well.

His comments were on-topic.  The topic of this list is Lucene, not its
contributors or users.  As I said before, ad hominem remarks are not
acceptable.  We do not demand that everyone equally understand every
issue, otherwise there would be little to discuss.

Some folks may find some things offensive.  There's often little we can
do about that.  It's certainly no excuse to start making ad hominem
statements.  An important technique here is to respond to things you
find offensive in a polite manner, or not at all.

Thanks,

Doug