lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Realtime Search
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:05:06 GMT
I realize we aren't adding read functionality to the Writer, but it
would be coupling the Writer to the Reader nonetheless.  I understand
it is brainstorming (like I said, not trying to distract from the
discussion), just saying that if the Reader and the Writer both need
access to the underlying data structures, then we should refactor to
make that possible, not just glom the Reader onto the Writer.  I
suspect if that is done, anyway, that it may make the bigger picture a
bit clearer, too.