lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: TestUTF32ToUTF8.testRandomRegexes fails
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 23:56:04 GMT
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 7/26/10 8:26 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>> > On a more general note...
>> >
>> > Any time any of you out there hit an "odd" test failure, please please
>> > please do just what Shai did: take it to the dev list!
>> >
>> > Think of Lucene's unit tests like SETI :)  We are desperately seeking
>> > bugs, and you and your machine may just be lucky enough to find one...
>> > go forth and buy expensive new power hungry computers just so you can
>> > run the random tests over and over, seeking the bugs!
>> >
>> > But be sure to include that random seed when you do hit a failure...
>> >
>> > Mike
>> >

>> Okay - I'll hold off on buying the new power hungry computer, but I have
>> added lucene/solr tests to a hudson install I have on my linux machine.
>> It doesn't do much usually, so it can run tests on a 5-12 minute
>> interval depending on what other tests I'm running.
>>
>> Hopefully Robert is paying one beer at Lucene Revolution per random
>> find...
>
> yes, when we kidnap mikemccand we should also raid his kegorator...

Oh man I may need a bigger kegerator... mine only holds a 1/6th keg!!
But then I do have this on tap now:

    http://www.southerntierbrewing.com/for%20download%20page/downloads_unearthly.html

which is like 2X the alcohol of normal beer.  So it sort of cancels out....

Don't you all go finding bugs at once now!

Mike