lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Site Redesign contest?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:20:33 GMT
I'll try to put up some thoughts on the Wiki next week while at Revolution, including success
criteria.

-Grant

On Sep 24, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Dan Cardin wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> $500 will get you a wire frame PDF from most designers. Coding it to HTML, Css and Javascript
into the CMS is the expensive part.

> Suggestion:
> You could include the incentive that the designer/designing company would be allowed
to put the company name in the footer of the site. Lucene and Solr are high profile names
that look good in a designer's portfolio.

> --Dan
>

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Sep 24, 2010, at 10:43 AM, Simon Willnauer wrote:

> >> on the other hand. their website looks really nice.

> >> me too.
> >
> > Can't we find a company sponsoring it? I could go and find one I guess.
>
> Sponsoring is a bit strong of a word.  If you have a company that will donate it, cool.
 I just figured community driven, plus some incentive, will get it going.