lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: discussion about release frequency.
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:33:27 GMT
> I'm not buying the authoritative argument, it seems like any old joker can
> take our signed jars and put them in maven themselves, without us having to
> do any work.

The "standard" places, (apache / ibiblio / sonatype) require a project
representatives to post artifacts to the repository.  If the artifacts
are hosted at "hotsteamylucene.ru" yes, anyone could post anything.  I
hope we agree it is worth making it easy for people to use lucene via
maven, ivy, or whatever.  We need to make sure this is not a pain, and
maybe split out parts so that the RM does not necessarily need to do
everything.

My understanding is that you would feel OK about this if there was
some automated test that used the artifacts, and that the RM need not
know anything about maven internal -- just copy a directory to
somewhere in apache infrastructure, I don't think this is too far off.

ryan