lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document links
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 01:38:14 GMT
> Maybe the user API would look something like this...
>
>    indexWriter.addLink(fromDocId, toDocId);
>    DocIdSet reader.getInboundLinks(docId);
>    DocIdSet reader.getOutboundLinks(docId);

To support 'typed' links, it would be nice to have:

    indexWriter.addLink("link", fromDocId, toDocId);
    DocIdSet reader.getInboundLinks(docId, "link");
    DocIdSet reader.getOutboundLinks(docId, "link");

In my app, I build this graph that has many types of links that need
to be handled differently.

> Anyone else think this might be an area worth exploring?

for sure!

ryan