lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <grant.ingers...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example documents and geospatial
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:00:33 GMT
I don't think they are all the same, at least not in trunk.  I believe there are a few near
San Fran, some near Buffalo, MN (my hometown ;-) ), and some in Oklahoma.  You can see this
when you hit the /browse url.

On Dec 16, 2010, at 11:32 AM, Erick Erickson wrote:

> The example docs we distribute have a bunch of stores that have the exact same location.
That lead to some head scratching about why changing the distance in the example queries seemed
to make no difference in the number of returned results then all of a sudden it reduced the
number of hits drastically.

> Any objections to a patch that adds an arbitrary distance (say 1/4 mile or so) to all
of the stores in the example docs that have the same location?